How to pick the right Celluma LED device for youby Emily Shaw
What is LED light therapy?
Light Emitting Diode (LED) technology is the use of 3 different wavelengths of light energy on the body to treat various conditions.
It creates a natural reaction similar to the process of photosynthesis and was developed by NASA to help astronauts in space.
The devices we use in the clinic are more powerful than these home devices, purely because of their size. But they still get results. A clinic treatment is like a personal trainer session, a home device is like doing a jolly hard workout at home.
How will LED help your skin?
Our cells absorb the light energy which helps to:
- Increase cellular metabolism
- Stimulate the production of collagen, hence tightening the skin
- Smooth skin texture and improve skin firmness
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Accelerate the repair of damaged skin cells e.g. wounds, after aesthetic treatments, in eczema, psoriasis, or if skin has become dry from using Retinol
- Improve acne due to the repair and the destruction of the p.acnes bacteria with the blue light
- Muscular pain relief.
The 3 programs available on the different Celluma devices are:
- Wrinkles and wound healing
- Acne and oily skin
- Pain reduction
I have detailed below the programs available and treatment area size with the different devices:
- POD: Wrinkles and wound healing | Acne/oily | Pain | 4.4" x 2.75." £353
- ACNE CLEAR: Acne/oily only | 14" x 6' | £587
- FACE: Wrinkles and wound healing | Acne/oily | 14" x 6" | £827
- LITE: Wrinkles and wound healing | Acne/oily | Pain 14" x 6" | £1,187
Get in touch
Dr Ros, Katie and Kate use Celluma LITE settings at home. Your choice of LED device comes down to what you want to treat and your budget.
Please fill in the contact form if you need any more advice.